A great place to land on your next vacation!
The Parrot Nest is one of the Old-Sanibel inns located on the quiet East End of the island. Since 1955, our charming inn has been welcoming visitors and until the early 1960's they were brought to our shores from the mainland by ferryboat.
In homage to the property's heritage, our six rooms are tastefully decorated in the 1950's revival style.We are within walking distance to the historic Sanibel Lighthouse and fishing pier, beautiful shelling beaches, shopping and restaurants.
If you like, rent a bike and explore miles of paths covering the island and leading to wildlife refuges, kayaking spots, secluded beaches, and meandering past more eateries, shops, and galleries.
Rates and amenities
Call our office for last minute specials
- Nightly & Weekly Rates:
|2015 Room Rates:||Nightly from:||Weekly** from:|
*Holidays: Easter, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas
**Weekly rates are for stays of 7 nights or more, however, you may begin your stay with us on any day of the week.
- Reservation requirements:
1st night deposit plus 11% tax
Cancellations: Full refunds issued if cancellation is made 30 days prior to your arrival date.
NO REFUNDS FOR EARLY CHECKOUTS
No daily maid service, however fresh towels and linens are available upon request
Visa, MasterCard and Discover accepted
In the event of inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances, we suggest purchasing travelers insurance for your protection. This can be done online at
www.insuremytrip.com or any travel site you wish.
- Amenities include:
- King size, Sleep Number beds
- Refrigerator, microwave, and 2 burner hotplate
- Air conditioning, cable TV and free WiFi
- Though no daily housekeeping, we have laundry facilities and fresh linens available
- Breakfast cafe and local homemade ice cream shop located next door
- Lush tropical gardens with local foliage and bird life.
- Beach chairs, towels, umbrellas and beach carts available on site
Please note that most of our rooms accommodate a maximum of 3 persons. All rooms are non-smoking, however smoking is permitted outside on your patio and common areas.
- Next Door at the Seahorse Shops Boardwalk:
- The Lighthouse Cafe' (Home of the World's Best Breakfast!)
- Pinocchio's Home made Ice-Cream.
- Island Style Clothing & Gift Shops.
- Across the Street:
- The East End Deli.
- Tropical Clothing & Gift Shops.
- POOL AVAILABLE AT OUR SISTER PROPERTY:
Kona Kai Motel
1539 Periwinkle Way,
Sanibel Island FL 33957
"My wife and I have been going to the Parrot Nest off and on since our honeymoon over the last 5 years. We enjoy it so much in so many ways. What we value the most is the how comfortable it is and how easy it is to live in. It is a small, select place to stay and there's always a decent crowd that is there.Within walking distance to the beach, and shopping makes it very convienent.
I would recommend the Parrot Nest to anybody looking for a place to stay that 'in a perfect way' is the ultimate non-commercialized peaceful getaway place on Sanibel Island. Cant wait to get down there again!"
- Mick & Jennifer
The Parrot Nest
1237 Anhinga Lane Sanibel Island,
(239) 472- 4212